Job Vacancy: Program Manager
Position: Program Manager
Location: Jos, Nigeria
Contract Duration: 2 years and renewable
Position Type: Full time
The Program Manager will report to the Executive Director and lead on Project development, Fundraising, and Program management for the entire organization. The Program Manager will ensure excellence in performance in all areas of program implementation in full compliance with Ji4Ye and donor rules and regulations.
The Journalists Initiative for Youth Empowerment (www.ji4ye.org) is an independent non-profit organization that focuses on enabling young people to develop positive responses to the social issues that denies them opportunities for growth and development. Ji4Ye uses media, communication, and entertainment extensively in her work. Ji4Ye is a growing, and richly rewarding organization to work for-full of hard-working, friendly, enthusiastic, and passionate people dedicated to the work they do and Ji4Ye’s mission of changing young people’s story. In Ji4Ye, there are many opportunities for capacity building, travels, team building and career development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organization Structure and Process Design 20%
- Strategy and Program Development 20%
- Program Implementation 20%
- External Relations and Communications 20%
- Fundraising 20%
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the Program Manager may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.
Minimum skills and experience:
- Advanced degree in Social Sciences, Humanities, Law or related fields.
- Minimum of five years of management level experience in the non-profit sector, or related organization.
- Proven project development, fund raising and program management skills.
- Good knowledge of contemporary youth issues and communication programming.
- Demonstrable team-oriented personality and strong leadership skills.
- Ability to work well in an entrepreneurial, multi-cultural and multi-location organization.
- Ability to write well as well as communicate dearly and sensitively with colleagues, partners, beneficiaries and members of the public.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and database management software.
- Expertise in the use of social media to communicate to different stakeholders.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently and under pressure.
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis (up to 50%) and sometimes stay in challenging contexts.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with a diverse team, with attention to mentorship and professional development of staff.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their covering letter (not more than two-page) and curriculum vitae (detailed) in in one PDF file to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday, 28th April, 2017. In your cover letter, please indicate your minimum salary expectations, and availability to resume work and where you found this job posting. Your application will be acknowledged but only shortlisted candidates will receive further correspondence. Please see our website www.ji4ye.org for full details of our work.
Journalists Initiative for Youth Empowerment (Ji4Ye) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of disability, sex, tribe, religion, etc.